Add some spice to this dish with harissa, paprika and cumin. This is not an overly sweet carrot dish so don’t be afraid!
What you need:
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 pound beets, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/4 c oil
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp harissa spices blend, or paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seed or 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, made into paste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Whisk oil, maple syrup, harissa, cumin, garlic, lemon and salt & pepper together. Toss the carrot and beets in the mixture to coat. Lay on baking sheet in one layer. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes until tender. Flip carrots and beets halfway through cooking.